Thursday, September 9, 2010

Eight days after IVF transfer

Ugh.

So far, every day since the 5th day has been getting better.  That darn 5th day was a toughey, and according to others, I'm handling this pretty well.  Lots of tears on peoples' eyes waiting for the result.  Tomorrow is my dad's birthday...his 73rd! geez- he's getting old.  We have 3 girls in our family, and I'm the only one married.  My husband's family has him & his sister, but he's the only one married as well.  No kids anywhere!!! We have four older folks that are sort of like kids.  As soon as I got married, the role of my cutsy dependent youngest daughter took a turn to dependable, responsible, call her to arrange all the family birthdays and weddings who has to take care of all the cousins that come to visit "older sister type".  Asian family thing.

So I imagine having a child in all this.  With our parents getting old, I'm not too sure if they're too crazy about having a grandchild to take care of.  I sometimes think they want me to just take care of them.   I don't care.  For me, my priority has been made clear through all this, as much as it was hard to get here- I'm not going to take what God gives me lightly.  I promised myself that the the baby(s) will be coming into a home that is loving, warm, educational, fun, laughing, and that they (hoping) will be God's precious children.  Keepin' it positive with pink sweaters and argyle socks on my feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment