Sunday, August 29, 2010

Blessed

I was speaking with a groundskeeper at our church today about a homeless woman who wonders into our church to look for coffee.  Our church is on a major street, and from time to time- according to the groundskeeper, has visitors wondering around the premise.  He was trying to describe the homeless woman, and I knew who he was referring to...but what he said sort of stuck in my head.  He described her as "she's what you'd call....well, God did not bless her very much.  She's not all quite there in the head."
That stuck in my head for the rest of the afternoon.  What does that mean to me? God did not bless her very much... hmmm.  I might need to come back to this later but I know this bothered me a lot.  I know the groundskeeper didn't mean much by it, or perhaps he didn't use the best choice of words- but are less than blessed folks less than perfect by God's standards or by our standards?  What is blessed? How do you measure the amount of blessing one received? It certainly bubbled much more questions in my head on this beautiful Sunday. 

Tomorrow is my big day of retrieval.  Hopefully well-done eggs will be taken out from my full ovaries ( I feel stuffed) through a needle attached to a ultrasound probe, and right after that, my hubby will have to decide how many are to be ICSI'd.  We're having everything fertilized by a needle up to 10.  We contemplated having a less number of eggs fertilized, but due to my age & other factors, we're listening to the EN and following the best chance possible to conceive.  Tonight, we'll sign papers that would say just that.  It's no wonder we've pushed this part of the process off until the night before the operation.  Oh my, tomorrow, I'll be egg-less!

No comments:

Post a Comment