Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Acupunture helps IVF

Caller ID says "Dr.XXX" my EN.  I pick up and he starts telling me the situation of our eggs & zygotes.  He harvested 7, 5 was attempted to fertilize, 4 were actually fertilized.  Since it's less than the number that he was looking for, he said it's unclear if we need to proceed in 3 days or 5 days.  Okay.  Bring it on.  What next? Nothing is clear so far, but heck you know what? that's fine.  I will be strong.  One thing that seems pretty clear.  We will have nothing left over to freeze.

So I make my way to acupuncturist to insure the success of ivf.  She congrats me on starting IVF, and inserted few needles on my tummy, legs, head.  I felt thankful that I did enough research to know that IVF chances do increase with acupuncture.  Anything will help & I will do anything at this point without hurting anyone else.  My neighborhood Jewish Granny calls me every now & then, asking about how things are.  She's lonely, and I seemed to make her happy with my laughter.  She asks me to keep smiling and laughing- I think it's a great advice. 

I found out something interesting about Eastern way of medicine/diagnosis.  My acupuncturist asked me to come back on the 3 or 4th day of IVF transfer.  She told me she can feel in my pulse if it stuck.  If not, she can do more acupuncture to help it stick better.  What? really? yup she said.  Blood pregnancy is 10 days, stick OTC pregancy test takes 12~15day, but pulse detection will take 3 days after implantation.  By Gosh!  Why doesn't everyone goto an acupuncturist after their ovulation and TTC?

I tell ya, the more you know.  It's good thing I've been reading like crazy into other blogs and IVF ladies journals.  Knowledge is power.  She also advices me of taking more protein vs. carbs.  I also read to eat pineapples, including it's cores after implamentation to help it stick to the uterine walls.  Myth? Hey, like I said, I'm willing to do anything at this point without hurting others.  Gotta shop for pineapples...

No comments:

Post a Comment